When tooth decay causes damages far beyond repair, what would you do?
For severely damaged teeth that need to be extracted, missing teeth that cause a blow on your self-esteem, dentures that fit poorly, dental implants might be the solution you’re looking for.
We at Rundle Dental would love to discuss how this treatment could help brighten up your smile.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial root fused into the jawbone. Once it is set in place, the artificial replacement tooth is attached to it. The implant serves as an anchor holding the new tooth in place and providing a stable support.
What are the Advantages of Dental Implants?
Dental implants are recommended to patients for a number of reasons.
- Comfortable. They feel like your real teeth. Dental implants also do not shift so you wouldn’t have a hard time adjusting to them.
- Cosmetic. Dental implants are designed to look like your natural teeth. Your replacement tooth would look as though it’s been there all along. You also give your face a new glow as missing teeth causes your face to appear sunken.
- Easy-care. You will not need to floss under a bridge or take them in and out because they stay in place. You’d be able to brush or clean your teeth as you normally would.
- User-friendly. You need not “learn how to speak” again as with dentures. Implants wouldn’t leave you struggling when pronouncing words.
- Convenient. Dental implants need not be removed once they’re put in place. You can proceed with your normal daily activities without worrying about your tooth falling out or shifting.
- Conservative. During the procedure, surrounding or adjacent teeth are not affected.
When properly cared for, dental implants could last a lifetime. If you’re not happy with the current solution you’re using, or are exploring options for a future treatment, we would love to help you on your journey to a happier and brighter smile.
How Do You Maintain Dental Implants?
Dental implants are kept clean the way you would with your natural teeth. Regular brushing and flossing are crucial to keeping them in good condition. Your dentist can show you the proper way to do this. You also need to ensure regular dental checkups so your dentist can also monitor the integrity of the implants.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
A dental implant candidate should be in good health overall. You also need to have healthy gum tissues to provide adequate support to the implant.
Implants patients come in all ages, usually including those who are missing a tooth due to decay or injury. A dental implant can also be beneficial for those who are no longer fit to wear removable dentures.
You need to consult your dentist at Rundle Dental to ensure you’re ready for the procedure. This process will involve a review of your medical history. It’s important that you cooperate for the implant to turn out successful.
Ready to Show Off a Brighter Smile?
With dental implants, you can now replace unsightly teeth with a smile you’d be proud to wear anytime, any day.
Talk to us today at Rundle Dental for more information.